Thoughts Unleashed.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

27

I turned 27 , 2 days ago.

I just wanna thank all my friends who celebrated my existence in their lives. This year is a record, I've blown candles on 3 whole cakes, plus 1 minicake and a slice at TGIF.

For all who sang birthday songs to me and left messages in my Facebook, a big THANK YOU!!

27.

Gosh, I'm 27 already! 3 more years and I'll be hitting 30. @_@

I still feel like I'm 25. Though at 27 most guy bachelors would be thinking of settling down, getting a property, get married, have kids, soar in their career. Yea I do have that all in my head, but it's just still some way off, you know.. Heck, I even have friends my age expecting their first child this year. heh..

Achievements. That's what came into my mind when I woke up the day I turned 27. What have I achieved? How is my journey thus far?

Btw, what ARE achievements? How do you define "achievements"? Position in the company? Big cars? Financial stability? Trendy clothes? Or maybe band achievements? A rock band? Recognition? Relationship? Money?

There are no right or wrong answers. Everyone chases after their dreams. It came a time where I asked myself , what ARe my dreams again? What WERe my dreams before? Have I forgotten about them already?


Then I realised...


Our life on earth here is too short for us to chase after what's valued and important here. I'm 27. Who knows how long I have here left. Another 50 more years, probably I'd said enough, get my out of here. So I realised that the most powerful thing here on earth is not the human spirit. The "things" I mentioned above are fruits of a powerful human spirit. If you are strong within, the above will be the results shown in the exterior.

But the most powerful, the world has yet to see, will be when the powerful human spirit submits to a All Powerful God. I am reminded of why I'm still here. I did not escape 2 near-death situations before (I will tell another time) to just spend the rest of my life chasing after what everyone's chasing.

It's been a wonderful 27 year old journey. I am thankful for everything. Now, let's get ready for a journey beyond time.

Ja.

3 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday :p

    By Blogger Anne = YuinYuin, at 9:35 PM  

  • Happy Belated Burfday!! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM  

  • 27... haiz... nxt yr it is my turn... :(
    telling us how old we are now... Looking positive way tat only thing I want do now. I hope next yr would be another Better yr :) Wish us luck

    By Blogger Evon -SweetWenWen-, at 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home