Thoughts Unleashed.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Actstream

Sometimes when I look at myself, I'm surprised at being able to be in Actstream. I mean, just look at the team. It's really the best musicians around. The standard is there, the commitment level is just awesome. It's really the best example of a team of worshippers you can find. I take a look at myself, and I realize that I'm in the team!! I'm one of them. Actsteam leads the church into worship week in week out. Headed by Pastor Sandra herself. It's just a real priviledge to be part of it.

Maybe it's been a long time since I last played due to holidays and all. I played today for actstream vision casting and for this Sunday's worship practice. As I held my sticks, I felt in awe and intimidated to be surrounded by so many 'keng' musicians. I felt a sudden lost of confidence. But as sudden as it came, I felt God telling me to have faith in myself. To believe that I can do it. I shut my eyes, and gave my all. It was the first time I played so cleanly. Wonderful.

I remember in the past I used to take Actstream for granted. When I was tired, I dreaded going for Thursday's practice. I tried to find excuses sometimes to avoid going for long trips on Thursday nights. But today, and onwards, I dunno but I find myself started looking forward to practices, especially vision casting. I find myself wanting to get involved more in the church. I felt really warm inside when I saw so many of them turning up for the CC night event. It showed that they really appreciate MMU students and support us truly. I look at this church as an example of unity. I look at our pastor as an example of how to live my life. I wanna grow with the church. I pray earnestly that God will give me a job nearby in the future so that I can still serve in this church.

Pastor Sandra set a new set of rules and standards for Actstream during today's vision casting. For the first time, I agree with her in everything she set. It's called seriousness in serving God. It's called setting a standard to honor Him. Playing is a priviledge for me now. I treasure the weekend when I'm on worship. This is why one of the reasons I didn't make the trip down south today. The other reason is that I find myself needing rest. Mentally. Physically. What better place to find rest than to be in the house of God?? I woke up reeeally late this morning, and I turned my head, there was boss, still asleep. I glanced to the room across, JW still asleep. Then I realized, we are all mentally tired. Exhausted.

Psalms 23: 1-2

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.

My shepherd, thank you that I can rest in You.


1 Comments:

  • Keep up the good works!!May God be your strength :)

    By Blogger Ken, at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home