Thoughts Unleashed.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

28

Well I guess that's that.

28 came and went. I still can't believe I'll be hitting the number 3 in two year's time. How can that be?

I've been thinking of how to sum up 2009 for the past few days ever since the dawn of the new year. I guess I'd say 2009 was a year of coming of age, and turning young again.

Coming of age because my years caught up with me, and I found myself lying on the hospital bed waiting for surgery on my knee, and few weeks later, found myself staring at the ceiling of the dentist's clinic while listening the sounds of drilling within my teeth.

It took a toll on me when I had to walk on crutches, and had to suffer the ever nagging pain on my knee while recuperating. Mentally, I'll never able to kick a ball freely, or jump and sprint as carelessly as before.


I turned young again when I turned to new hobbies and interest. Transformers came and never left. Heh. I started on beginner's photography and toy painting. What started as an interest paid off when I had to use these skills in my new work project that I've been handling for the past 6-7 months. Nah, not the toy painting. Tho I hope some day it might pay off too. heh.

I came to understand myself a lil' better. I thought I had no insecurities, and that insecurities are for weak people. Only to find that having that thought itself is my very own insecurity.

I wonder what's installed for me in 2010?

I've begun to embark on a journey of searching for my one passion. I'm still naive to think that I will be able to true-ly enjoy my "work" and earn big bucks from it.
Not that it sucks where I'm at, but there's still something missing. I feel that I've not yet hit the G-spot in my career.

Somethings still don't change tho. I still wanna be a rock star. :)

I still love music. I still love drums.

I wonder how would I like look back at 2010 1 year from now?

Well, I guess I should give thanks. Give thanks for being alive. I should consider making 28 an achievement.

After all, not everyone gets to get here. :)

3 Comments:

  • here's to being 28, and to being a rockstar:) *cheers*

    thanks for the random mamak nights, and the fun jamming, the laugh till you cry clips on youtube, the long chats on life and changes. wishing you a great year ahead with many exploits of your own.

    rock on!

    By Blogger weeliem, at 2:20 AM  

  • You forgot that you also started the morning runs and have been amazingly consistent ! =D

    By Blogger Joan, at 7:28 PM  

  • wt happn to ur knee??? anyway.. May u hav a great time :) u jst pass ur bday nt long.. Happi blated bday.. may all ur wishes bcame true.. :)

    wat kind of rock star u wanna b??
    I lov music oso.. bt listening only.. nt gd at playin.. hehe linkin park cool..

    By Blogger Evon -SweetWenWen-, at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home