Thoughts Unleashed.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Testimony

God is alive!! He really is. I've prayed for Testimonies of God for a long time. I long to share about how God is real to me...and how I live my life with Jesus in me. Just now in CF, as Uncle Dexter was sharing about how God is our refuge...I couldn't help but recall what happened to me almost one year ago, how when I cried out to God, and at that moment I couldn't hear His voice, but now I know why He let it happened.

Almost one year ago, due to complicated matters, me and my housemates had to move out of our townhouse unit. When I first shifted in there, I had no intention of moving out again. Things were a little complicated nearing the end of our contract, and there were conflicts and storms brewing, things that involve people. It was hard, I cried out to God desperately for help. Friendships were really tested during that times, unforgiveness and misunderstanding were really clouding the whole picture. It was tension. A tiny spark can start a fire anytime. During that time I cried out desperately to God. Desperately. I remember in my quiet time that God did assure me a few times that He is in control, but I couldn't see any action being taken. I was waiting.....and waiting.....still..nothing positive came our way. At last we had to leave. But it was then God acted.

God opened the door such that we could move into our current unit, B1-6-5. Now I understood. Our house has become a blessing to a lot events of the CF. CG meetings, Bible Studies, CC's practices, mission trip meetings.....and many more meetings were held in our place. We've managed to bless the people by moving to this new place. Morever, we have full authorisation to use the facilities of the clubhouse since moving in here. ;) Before, very few meetings were held in our townhouse.

It's frustrating when you ask something or cry out something to God and all you hear is nothing, but sometimes we need to be patient and wait upon the Lord. Of course He hears our cries. Of course He cares. But nowadays we demand instant respond. We need to learn trust Him. I NEED to learn to trust Him.

I will continue to share about my testimonies with my Lord Jesus. I feel that what I believe in would be dead unless I continue to have stories, real life stories to share to my friends this year. And I continue to pray for more too.

1 Comments:

  • Amen to that Joshua, your unit rocks, been blessed peronally in ur place during worship practice.....Thanks:)

    By Blogger Jowen, at 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home