Thoughts Unleashed.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Unbelievable

2nd day of CNY. Sometimes I pity those of my friends who are vegetarians. They really missed out a lot on the pleasures of life. That's rite, man. Anyways, this week has been UNBELIEVABLE for me. I've been praying for testimonies. I knew what it meant. Testimonies often preceed Testings. It's like I've been praying for Testings. Yea, I also think that I was crazy. But check this out.

It was last Sunday, 2 days after I've arrived back home. I was home alone that Sunday morning, when my best friend, I mean, my friend that used to be my best friend came dropping by. He's my neighbour and had just came back for the hols from KUITTO, Johor. He came in, and we chatted. I believe it happened last year too. There simply wasn't much stuff to chat about! I mean, my brain was working overtime to come out with stuff to talk. And I think every year we ask the same questions and still will ask it again. How are you? How many more years? Got gf? bla bla bla...Soon he had to head back home for some stuff. After he left, I felt really bummed out. We were really the closest of friends last time. I felt sad that something we used to cherish wasn't there anymore. The bond was broken into pieces. It's hard to stick it back.

I head to my room, opened my Bible and just poured it out to God. The scripture of the day was from Joshua 1:1-9. It's my favorite book and chapter and verse of the Bible btw. :) I just let it all out. Think Tsunami. yea. That. Was really emo that day. Mom was having a worried look on her face too. Probably concern about my results. Lord told me to be strong, and carry on. I said, I'll try.

Pop. Magic happened later on that day. Mom came back from work, ( yea, in AS it's a working day) and after lunch we had an hour and half nice good talk. Both sides were quite relieved after that. Then at church later, I met up with my church friends!!!! MaN!! It really brought joy and a lot of fond memories back!! It's not particularly any church friends, their names are Kin Meng, Kin Onn, Joseph and Stephen. We used to do crazy stuff together. You want jackass? These guyz invented it way before Johnny Knoxville. We attended SU camps together, and best of all, we JAMMED together. Performed twice at youth rallies together too. And the best thing, we sat at the same place and the same position like we used to do week in week out in church last time!! I can't describe the joy and nostalgic feeling that was twinkling in my heart all the time during church. ;;)

I lost some of the precious memories of some of my friends, but Jesus came and cheered me up with fond memories of other friends. He really answered my prayer.


I've got one more testimony. This is the real stuff. On Monday, Mom was worried, and I MEAN WORRIED about my transport back to Cyber. Was waiting for this friend's reply if wether I could follow him back. Called him the whole day. Probably left about 7,8 miscalls and 3 sms. Couldn't get him. Mom was getting from worried to anxious and frustrated. Mom's like that. She likes things fast and secured. Thing was, I have been praying that God will provide me a way back. I even told mom that I'm going to attend ACTS church 40 day fasting and prayer kick off on Monday, and I'm sure God will provide me a way to attend the meeting. Mom wanted me to fly home. She was pretty worried that I won't have any ticket left should this friend of mine failed to reply or he's car would be full already.All the while I was trusting God on providing it through my friend, even though he hasn't replied to me the whole day, and by booking the ticket would mean not giving God a chance to trust Him. Whole day was really tension. Mom was breathing down my neck, and this guy just dowan to pick up he's phone. It all broke loose at night. Mom couldn't contain it anymore, and asked me to book a ticket back home. I gave in, though I was upset that I wasn't given a chance to trust God. I cried out to Him, again n again n again. I said Lord, please come through for me this once. Prove to everyone that I'm not a fool bragging about your faithfulness. Make my friend answer his phone. Nothing came. Nil. I became angry and frustrated with God. Went to bed really down.

Next morning, 5 mins after I woke up, then came the msg. There's still one more place in his car. But too late, ticket has been booked already. God came through. But why later? Later on that day, as I opened the bible looking for answers, I finally understood why. You see, I had this gut feeling in my heart that booking the ticket wasn't what God wanted, but I daren't say it out. I was too afraid that I would be wrong. Mom later explained to me that if I had only voiced it out, mom wouldn't be so worried. She would have waited as well. State out my faith. God wanted to teach me to take another step further. Unbelievable? Wait I've got one more....


Some of my friends know that it's been a while I've been targeting this pair of nike Total 90 futsal boots. :) Thing was, after loaning my friend some money, and after buying the fishing rod ( hehehe) ...I find myself quite dry for the past few weeks....and after hearing all those testimonies from other people about God providing them stuff, I decided to give it a try. So, I started to give during offering time. Somemore after pastor preached about generosity a few weeks ago, I find myself giving till I had no money for the following week. I gave more than I used to. I said :" God, if You give me that boots, confirm I will testify."

2 days ago mom received RM 200 from some student giving out of thanksgiving for her. Thing is mom can't even remember that guy. Mom told me if I could drive her to the Post Office she would give me 50 bucks. Of course who wouldn't volunteer? Every year mom and dad would give a fix amount of money for ang pow. :D Today, I was surprised that they decided to double that amount. The amount I have now is approximately the price for the boots.

Unbelievable. Unbelievable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home