Thoughts Unleashed.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Highlights- My learning process

Highlights for this Semester


AW 2005
Yep. The moment we came back, we were pretty busy working on getting on AW 2oo5. Somehow, things didn't work out so well. I remember experiencing heart wrenching disappointments. But then, somehow we managed to bounce back from it. Learned a whole bunch of stuff from that whole experience. Amplify is still around, and better than ever.


Amplify
The fact is that Amplify was born more of after the AW than before. We had to tell some members to leave. And everyone wanted to move on, and achieve greater heights. So, there we are.


Falling sick
I can' t remember falling so sick before. and it's been such a long time since I fell that sick. Usually the rare moments that I'm not feeling well, it's just a day or two of uncomfortable flu or sore throat. And I had to miss fitness test because of it, but it turned out good too. And I had an angel who came to take care of me during that time. :)


Haze
Last semester, earthquake. This semester, haze. To me, the period was more of a 'happy hour' . hehe. Went midvalley during that time. And remembered spending an entire afternoon in Ericcson's cafeteria with boss and kevin just to stay out of the haze. We had RM 10 pasta there, remember guyz?

FYP
Everyone had to experience this new thing called FYP. :) Regretted not getting the engine started earlier, and had a 'wonderful ' experience being 'tembaked' left-right-centre by my supervisor and moderator. I didn't once imagined that my super-kind supervisor could suddenly cock his gun and start firing me during the presentation. But then again, through this, I've learned a lot of things, a lot of what-not-to-dos and vice versa.


Crazy Assignments
Assignments for FOE students usually aren't really taxing. But this semester we had gruelling sessions of presentation. Suddenly the dean realized that we needed to give 'presentations' in our final year. Had to worked on the BATBOT project too. and other assignments which gave us a taste of a FCMers life.


Song Writing
I started to write songs. 2 songs. Something new. Rather pleased with 1 of them. Won't say its really good. It's quite simple only, the song. Just wished that sometimes my band members will show more spirit when playing the song. Kept feeling that they are playing it just because we have to. No one has personalized the song yet. Mebe it's just me.

Finals
2 weeks of the usual exams. The thing is everything was continous. From FYP week , to assignment week, followed by finals. One after another. After the last paper, all I could feel was a sense of relief and that it has been one hard sem. No joy yet. Just tired.

Just yesterday we were jamming at YAMAHA studio when a local band dude checked us out. When we came out, he invited us to come play at The Atmosphere sometime end of this month. It was quite a waste, since 2 of us will be at penang during that time. Anyway, my point is if people think we're good enough to play publically, it's a good sign. But still, we have a long way to go. Just wanna encourage you guys, to have belief in yourself, and work hard. Don't slack. Slackers might be 'ejected'. I'm not really kidding. :P


As I looked back at this semester, I realized that I've gone through hard times and good times, which is so totally different from any other semesters. Every semester tells its own story, in a wonderful way. I've experienced countless 'first times' , experienced bitter disappointments, and bursting joy too. ( though not too many. :) But one thing I realized, is that by the end of the day, God has been there for me, though it all. How everything 'turned out ok' , is just a testimony of how my Jesus made it 'turn ok'. And how gently he speaks into my life through hard times, encouraging me to learn and to move on. And how God is so faithful to me, when I've been so faithless. I think no one can ask more from a ever loving Father, who lets hard times to shape us into stronger personalities, and yet have the patience when we start blaming Him for the wrong things in our lives. Thank you, thank You. :)


I'm bad at going-aways. Sometimes I put up a brave front, but I'm starting to feel that I'm gonna miss some people in my life, even if it's 12-15 weeks. I'm not good at saying good-byes. I don't like saying it.

I'm gonna miss you. Thank you for the precious moments we shared, though we didn't have many chances. I wish we had more. And the little notes you leave. It helps. :)

I'm gonna miss you, my little student. :P You have tremendous talent. Not many people have that. I'm serious.Scared me the first time I see you play. :) Continue in whatever way you can la. :P I hope I've managed to encourage you.

I'm gonna miss you, my 'wife'. haha. For your concern, which many people usually ignores. It's really warming. :) Don't go flirt with other guyz when I'm away, ok ? Lou kong will know wan.


Ok that's it. The above is all gals, ok. I don't go soft on guyz. haha.


I'm off the Penang. Cheerioz, people.

3 Comments:

  • Hey....

    Have a great holiday back in Penang ok. Treasure quality time spend with your family. Won't be seeing you in a while... sob sob..
    Anyway do take good care of yourself and enjoy industrial training to the fullest...=)

    *bearhugz*

    By Blogger jacintha, at 10:08 PM  

  • all teh dedication to the gals...where is the love man?
    haha
    anyways, gonna miss not having you around...but then good also la:P
    muahah.
    take care of urself and dun do stupid stuff.
    ciaoz

    wee liem

    By Blogger weeliem, at 2:47 AM  

  • Lou Kong, i've known u for almost 4 years coming now. Know what? I'm glad i found a fren in u. Never thought I'd get close to u in my uni lifetime, EVER! But I dunno why it took me so long to realise the person u reli are...=) N i'm proud to be ur 'wife', heh.. I'm starting to wonder if ppl are getting sick of us so 'perasan'ly calling each other in this manner..:) but who cares, they won't understand, will they? =P
    gonna miss u tons. haven't felt it yet. but it's starting to sink in.
    Do keep in touch..:P more of like U DUN GO FLIRTING AROUND with PENANG GIRLs... haha luvya. Godbless always..*HUGZ*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home