Thoughts Unleashed.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

What Has Happened

It has been a while. So much has happened, I don't even know where to start.
It's ok, let's take it one at a time.

Dear friends, to announce, 3 weeks ago I've stopped working in my previous company. We'll just take it as that. As to how or why, I'd rather not announce it so publicly here. We can talk about it if you meet me face to face, and ask me about it. Don't worry, I won't get worked up . I'll give you a smile and tell you all about it.

Since that fateful day, somehow I've managed to attend 4 gigs in 2 weeks. First was to support our good friends PG 165 in KL Jam Asia. 2nd, was a Tribute to Incubus gig also held at the same place 2 days later. There, they had local bands playing Incubus covers as well as their own stuff. Bands and individuals that played there were: Rezza Salleh, Evol, Estranged and Neo Medicus.
All 4 bands were totally awesome. To date, it was the most enjoyable time I had there in Jam Asia. It was only me and deric. But it was ok. Opened my eyes to so many good bands around. And I had to chance to watch Estranged live.

Check out the Video below. Estranged doing Incubus' 'Anna Molly'.




What was surprising is to see Meliya ( I hope I spelled correctly) and Jimmy from Tempered Metal playing for Neo Medicus and Rezza Salleh. And guess who was Rezza's drummer? Mia Palencia's sessionist Stephanie. What a small world huh. :)

1 day after that, hopped on the bandwagon and made my way to Good Charlotte's concert. Most people I know will make a face and smirk about Good Charlotte. They go for Muse. Nah. Not for me. Sorry, I don't really go with the you guys. I like GC. I'd sleep at a Muse concert. :P Yea, smirk back at me.

Anyways thankfully I managed to source out to some friends, and obtain VIP passes. You know how powerful VIP passes are? No need to queue up at long lines. Just stroll in after everyone went in, and walk right in front of the stage which is reserved only for VIPs. Turning back we could thousands of people squashed like bugs right in front. Heh. How's the view from where we were?
Like this.






How many gigs I mentioned already? 3?

Oh ya, actually I went to 4 and half gigs. hehe. Was supposed to catch our 'sister band' Four Letter Story at Jam Asia again last Thursday. Had to teman mummy and aunty who came down KL, rushed there after everything only to find that they're already done. Suddenly another friend called me, telling me to come watch another gig just a few blocks away. It was at Groove Function.

The moment I stepped in, automatically I realized the music is of high quality. Sophisticated and really groovy jazz music. My ears tell me that this is no ordinary band of musicians. The lights were quite dim. I peered a lil' closer, and smacked my head....

It was...

Josie Thomas and band!!



The music!! The grooves!! Man...got me all grooved up..Just hearing John Thomas chopping and laying the beat..simply awesome..



That's the last of my gig' tour for past 2 weeks.

Anyways, I'm in a crucial stage of my life now. Standing at crossroads. Looking at road signs. And trying to decide which road I wanna take. It's critical and scary at the same time. Cos I know, I can't keep coming back to the crossroad. Trying to realise what I want. What I'm destined to be.

I'll leave that for another posting.

Till then, cheerioz.

Ja.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home