Thoughts Unleashed.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Sea

I've always loved the sea. Of course, don't talk about the dirty slimy waters of the penang shores. If I remember correctly, the last time I was near the sea was at Redang Island two years ago.

I like walking on the sand, and to feel the softness of each step. I love the rhythmic sound of the waves. I enjoy gazing at the contrast between the deep blue sea and the pure white sand. And I enjoy inhaling the sea breeze and comes sweeping by your face. I love marine life. A lot.

Yesterday, because of my work, I had the opportunity to visit a boat/yacht maintenance boatyard in Port Dickson. Drove all the way there, and I gotta tell you, the moment I stepped out of my car, the smell of the sea was enough to flood my memories of the sea. Though I never really got near the to any beaches, I felt a tingling in my body as I walked by the boats and as I gazed into the open sea.





My potential customer happened to be a 'penang lang' who has worked on boats all his life. He used to work back in Penang, but got transfered here to mantain boats. Nobody actually bothers about their boats here, some of them have been left unattended by their owners for years. So, what he does he do then? Go fishing. :p

We spent around 2 hours just chatting like old friends in hokkien. Man, it's really a gem to find a 'penang lang' nows' aday. He even took me on a boat ride. hehe.




Check out this luxury boat. According to my client, it's own by our very own Prime Minister. He uses it when he goes 'visiting'. Visiting who? ahaa...I osos dunno. :p It looks really impressive. The captain himself gets paid RM 20k per month just to navigate this baby. Heck, I think even the indian sailor boys walking around there gets paid more than me. This baby costs a whopping RM 50 mil. 2nd hand value? RM 30 mil.


This is owned by our Tun Dr. Mahathir's son. Price= RM 10 mil. The heck with ferraries and porches. This cool looking piece of toy makes the luxury cars look like kancils and minis. *drools* Even if you're naturally not cool, you'll look like James Bond the moment you step on it.

Anyways,

Have you ever tried looking at yourself from another person's point of view? try listening to what you say. try observing your actions. try observing other people's reaction from your actions. It's really quite interesting. Cos you realize, that sometimes you say a lot of unecessary things. and you realize some of your actions where just plain stupidity.

I am getting tired. I really am. Exhausted.

Tired of putting in everything, and getting back nothing. Tired of sowing, and seeing little results. It's true, that we still have to be patient and diligent in the sowing. We should just look ahead one step at a time, instead of looking far far into the future, and clutching our heads in dismay. Sometimes we thought that we've put in enough, and when we stick our heads up, we find that we had only just begun. yea yea, I know the drill. Put your head back in. Put your hand back into the plough , bro.

But you know, sometimes, we just need a glimpse of the harvest to get us going...
To get us motivated..
To get us encouraged..
Not much I ask or require, just a glimpse, would be enough to put a smile back on my face..
And a little extra energy to continue..

Ja.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home