Thoughts Unleashed.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Weekends -the price to pay

Remember the weekends? ..oh do you remember those weekends?..

Do you remember the tingling feeling of excitement when it's Friday? you know... when all you could think of is how late do you wanna sleep the next day..

..and who do you wanna meet up and just go to some place to chill...

..maybe a nice cosy coffee house...with orange lights, some lounge music playing at the background..and a nicely chilled mocca in your hands...

...maybe a nice dress down session at a shopping mall...where you could just take slowly enjoy strolling into each shop...admiring their stuff...

...maybe catch a movie you really wanted to watch...followed by a romantic candle light dinner...

..maybe catch a live band...not those rock bands...but good music by Phillipinos..

...or even staying at home...reading the newspaper or a book...sipping a steaming cuppa tea or coffee..

..all those done with no strings attached...no tight schedule to follow but just at your own leisurely pace..

and at the end of the weekend, you felt that you've had your rest. and you're ready to take on the world of working again.

I miss those times. A lot.

I've forgotten how it feels like.
Fridays don't feel the same anymore. Weekends have been taken up by you-know-what. Only time I have left, IF there aren't any special programmes coming up, are my sunday evenings 3pm onwards. By that time, you're pretty much exhausted and tired to go anywhere. And the thought of going to work the next day feels gloomy cos just as you felt that your "weekend" has only just begun, and "BAM!" ..you realised it's over already.

But I guess.. it's the price you pay..

When you said to Him " I'll follow you"..
When you sang songs which said " I love You"...
When you said it " Use me, Lord"..

And I think my 'weekend' is nothing compared to
.. seeing people coming to know Jesus..
..seeing people finding peace and joy in Him...
..seeing people overcoming breakthroughts and barriers in life through Him..

and that's the reason why I still do the things I do..

But once in a while, I really would lurve to do one of the things I mentioned above...

heh..

Ja.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home