Thoughts Unleashed.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

..Home..

It never struck me that I was always proud of my hometown till you mentioned it to me..
O' little town of Alor Setar.

This is where I grew up.





I was naive, protected and very much under exposed.
I used to cycle on these streets. Trips to the library. Trips to 'supermarket'.

I always marvel at the progress we're making everytime I step back home. I'm now actually blogging at "Uncle John's". Something reeally similiar to Old Town Cafe. But we have wi-fi!!

wohoo!

Everything was...and still is simple.
We dressed simple. We ate simple.

Heck, we even talked simple.

From getting muddy at the local padi field, falling into giant longkangs...even flying kites with the strings tied to our bicycles...

Yea..I'm happy that I had a kampung life. We even tried jostling...we imagined that we were knights..with the 'spear-like-thing" ( dunno what that's called) then we charged at one another...thank God our brains went on to " please-don-be-stupid" mode just before we actually made contact..

Ah..the cheap food here.

Nasi lemak = RM 0.30
Wantan Mee = RM 1.50
Chap fan with 3 varietes = RM 2.50
Char Koay Teow extra large = RM 2.50

Living here = Priceless

Just went I thought I've seen it all..

was standing beside a clinic the other day when I spotted this..


This old chap was apparently chatting on his blue tooth set very loudly...was laughing and calling out numbers, jotting them down...

or so I thought...

till I waited a lil while more and realised...

he didn't have any head set on!


Alor Setar is such a friendly town, you don't even need another friend to talk and laugh to..



*shurgs*

I love this town.


Ja.

2 Comments:

  • that spear-like-thing is called a 'lance'.

    when's the next makan trip to Alor Setar?
    haha

    By Blogger weeliem, at 2:31 AM  

  • like i said before, good on you josh :) true to the roots, mate!

    *hugs*

    see you soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home