Thoughts Unleashed.

Monday, December 10, 2007

2 posts in a day?


I know .. But I just HAVE to blog about this..

Recently I was at MCR concert. Remember I posted something about Muse a lil' while ago. I mentioned that if ever MCR would to come to Malaysia, I would want to attend their concerts.

Anyway, to keep it simple, they were AWESOME. Not awesome like a fan-type of awesome. But in every aspect. They're tight. Really good tone. And they rock hard.

After that night, I have a new found respect for Ray Toro, their lead guitarist.

I always knew he was really good. But after listening to him shredding live, with a 5-7 min solo performance, he's in my " favorite-guitar-player" list now. He's playing is really old school. with an emo band. yup. cool combo. yes daniel lee, go check him out.

Anyway, after the concert it got me really thinking, what makes a rock band so good? what are the essence and key elements that makes a rock band a rock band?

And I realized that the two most important aspects of a rock band are:
lead singer and lead guitarist.

These two roles makes the rock band rock. They are of utmost importance of the style, flair and the tone that the whole band carry. If you're thinking of other types of genre then it's a different matter altogether.

I'm talking about guitarist who can shred the guitar to bits, can make your hair stand and jaw loose whenever they play the guitar. I'm talking about lead singers who are the symbol of the band.


Examples:

the most recent MCR.
Ray Toro and Gerard Way.

Gerard's singing is totally unique. And he can scream too.

I'm talking about the hardcore hard rockers who have been around for sometime and have earned almost "god-like" status and respect in the music industry.

Aerosmith.

Joe Perry and Steve Tyler



Joe Perry


Bon Jovi

Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora


Guns 'N' Roses
Axel Rose and Slash



Slash


the biggest band in the world:

U2
the edge and bono



Mr Big

Eric Martin and Paul Gilbert





and now one of my favourite band

Paramore

Josh Farro and Hayley





Can't seem to think of any rock bands that rely heavily on their star drummers. But they do have some legendary drummers. Bon Jovi's Ticco Torres, Guns 'N' Roses Matt Sorum...Mr Big's Pat Torpey..

I hope my band can one day have a star lead singer and star lead guitarist. heh..

I have a jumping bassist tho...

Ja.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home