Thoughts Unleashed.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Day 1, Day 2

Today is day 2 of working at KESP. Am actually sitting in a cyber cafe nearby my place with screaming malay kids playing CS. Mood for blogging? not really. But I'll do it anyway. :P

Before Day 1

Settling down in penang is really a new experience for me, though I come here so often.Staying with my AS friends? Another new thingie for me. It's only the first day here, and we spend the whole afternoon scouting around Penang for scrumpticolous food. :D These people can literally sniff out the bestest delicacies that can be found on the island. Ever heard of fried popiah with penang's famos laksa soup? Fuyoh. My saliva coming out d. We had a eating trip. HEhe. Even had to park illegally by a road side just to taste the famos Cendol. It's a road stall, and yet it's so famos, people are literally standing by the roadside slurping it all up with a bowl in their hand.

I finally know the meaning of owning a car. This awesome feeling of freedom, it's something new. hehe. I can go anywhere I wan, anytime I wan. And it's penang!! There's everything everywhere!! Wherever you stay, it will be self contained. So unlike Cyber. BLEK.:p

Anyway, staying with my housemates is a challenge by itself. I'm constantly surrounded by bad words, 'colorful' videos, and lotsa bad comments they make about other people. I'm not saying they are all that bad, but it makes me hard to become a 'better Christian'. It's only the first day and they persuaded me not to go to church. Man. I visited Kevin Koay's church. Along with the other gang who came to stayed with Su Chen. It was good, it was good. Pray for me ya, you guys.

Day 1 and Day 2

Ok. Working life. Woke up 6.30am to find most of my housemates all dressed up real smart. Semangat-nyer. :P Fetched Chun Lai, and off we went towards our journey at KESP. Lotsa stories to tell, but I'll highlight the nice wans. :p

KESP bascially do IC chip burning processes, and PCB assembly and other processes as secondary function. It just do one of the many processes of coming up with an IC chip. I thought that my Industrial Training would be something of a lepak session, judging from the feedback I heard from my seniors last time, but boy was I proved wrong this time. First, EVERYONE in the company has to wear a smock. It's like a raincoat, but it's anti-static, for Electro Static Discharge ESD purposes. Imagine walking to a canteen where everyone is wearing blue overcoats, seating on benches eating. It's like a scene in The Longest Yard. :p You can wat I mean.

Anyway, the company it's actually one big giant factory. All I see are machines, workers, going through alll the processes . I'm thrown right into the thick of the action straightaway. Shifted into the Maintanence Department, I was given a tour of the machineary around, and asked to hel solder a torque screw driver all afternoon. REally into the engineering world. These two days I 've been given a good tour by a technician I'm suposed to hang around with. Many processes and machines have been intro-ed to me. Learn a lot. Also the programming of how to make the devices work as well. Today eaven more keng chao. My supervisor came and asked me to help built a circuit with sensors to detect and give an output whenever the limit of glue is finishing. The glue is an epoxy that sitkcs the chip to it's socket before it goes through the burn-i n processes. Man. I had to remember everything that I learned!!! CMOS, Transistors, relays. whoa. REally into engineering. I'll be setting up the components tmr.

So, I have hands-on training, as well theory as well. That's my work life so far. But if you ask me, I don think I'll go into factory work line next time. IT's mundane and very monotonous. People here are like living robots. I talked to a few technicians, made a few friends. Found out if yo're here for 5 years, you're considered like reeeeeally senior. But maybe I'm with the technicians most of the time. Engineers here are seen like some really high ranking officials.

I gotta go. my time is up. Cheerioz guys.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home