Thoughts Unleashed.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Life so Far

My thoughts are scattered here and there. First week of work. And it already feels as though I've been working for 1 month.

Life becomes more lonely once you start working life. Especially if you don't make new friends, you can become real lonely. It's not the same here compared to campus life. There, you have friends around you all the time. I spent sat afternoon wondering at Gurney Plaza alone for almost two hours after meeting up with my parents there. And during the weekends I'm basically by myself. Even went dinner alone. You start to miss your friends. No wonder some people suffer from it after coming out to work. I'm starting to get affected by it. I used to like being alone, when there were too many people around me. But now it's the opposite.

Now I realize why everyone is fighting to join a multi national company like Intel and Agilent. Compared to where I work, the working condition there is like a heaven. Flexible lunch hours, flexible to go out of company for meals, subsidised meals, team building among team members such as badminton, futsal, bbq, etc. No offence to the Intel guys, everytime you guys talk about your company, it just makes me feel more intimidated. The place where I work does not offer such nice 'benefits'. It's practically secluded from everything else. We're not even allow to carry handphones, or go out for lunch. No such thing as assigning to teams. bla bla bla. Working conditions and morale among workers as my place is poor. Everyone is a robot. Everyone comes to work as routined and programmed. What happen to the outside world is ignored. That's why I only came to know about our PM's wifeys' death only after working hours. Sighz.


It's different and harder to stay focus with Jesus after starting to work. Everyday's being taken up by work. And you come home dead tired sometimes. Sighz. Maybe this blogging is making me more depress than I already am.

You can get caught up in the rat race so easily. It's so easy to lose focus in the things you want to achieve. Everyday is 'just another day at work'. Before you know it you'll be 30 and be wondering what did you do with your life so far.

Coming out of CF exposes you to a lot of worldy things. My technician friend at work is giving me tips, 'tips' of how to survive in the real world. Tips such as lying, smooth talking, sex, money. It's as though I've been living in a protected world. How do I survive being succesful and being Christian in the future?

On a brighter side, had dinner with Su Chen yesterday, and went to this church, Tabernacle of Grace together this morning. It was good. Getting used to family churches. :) again I guess. Wished that I was behind the drums though. ;)

Bought myself a guitar finally :). It's exactly as Hammer's wan. And a guitar stand. All for only RM 300. I'm really broke now. Will be getting a tuner+metronome soon though. This "music-shop-is-so-close" feeling is getting me go crazy. It's only 2 kilometres from my place to the music shop. So unlike the feeling of going to Bentleys, where it's like the other side of the earth. Also found 2 jamming studios which is at the same area. They have double pedals!! :) :) No extra charge. Pity it's maxtone wans. But it's enough for my practice I hope.

Esther is coming! :) Really looking forward to having another friend here. Pity we can't meet yet. She needs time to settle down first.

This is my life as it is. My supervisor at work expects me to know stuff which I've never heard before. And I'm learning how to service and repair machines I've never seen before. Everything is slow. Everything is mundane. Seclusion and readjustment. Depressive sometimes. Now I know why people change after they start work. Sighz.

I pray things get better.

2 Comments:

  • I guess it's a whole new world... take care bro! I'm sure you'll find your place over there...

    By Blogger sojourner, at 4:31 PM  

  • *hugs*
    It'll get better.

    We should go out sometime before the hols end, since you're in Penang and all.. Ehehe...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home