Thoughts Unleashed.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

U- Turn

Few months back before I stepped into penang for my industrial training, I was getting a bit sick and tired of the same things happening around me. Erm. Maybe not really sick and tired. But I just wanted to see things, things outside my little world of comfort. I wanted to know life outside CF, what's it like to be not so tied-down by CF and Church. I wanted to taste it...the feel of being able to do anything on weekday nights..not having to attend meetings after meetings...practices..Maybe subconsciously that was one of the reason I chose to go so far away.

Actually, I wanted to know what's it like being outside the christian circle...

And I think I did...

I did certain stuff......saw certain stuff...experience certain stuff....

Don't worry I didn't try drugs or started smoking or anything. They weren't really wrong..just that it kinda took me further away from God...It's so easy to just forsake Him and be a sunday Christian..And everytime I seem to hear God calling me back to Him...from a distance..but I chose to ignore it....Yea..I got a lil carried away....

And somehow it got harder to respond..and the glitters and glamours around me shone brighter than Him during that time...and I started to wonder whether is it possible to serve God and be succesful in my career at the same time...does having a succesful career mean forsaking serving God? Let's take a look at the facts. Let's say if I were to serve God in church...that means I'd have to attend meetings..practices...most of them take place on weekday nights...and weekends too...that means I'd have no time to pursue my career...no more energy to invest.....

So..I started to ask around...talking to people...

Yea. This one's from Madam Su all the way from penang. I learned that the most important thing its not serving God. It's loving God. Serving without loving, you'd lose focus and burn out pretty quick. But if you love God first, serving will come automatically. And everything else will fall into place eventually. It really opened my eyes. And I'm so glad for that chat. Thank youu..:)

Next, somehow I had the chance to chat with the pastor himself. It was really unique cos all my time at church, I didn't had the chance to have a chance to talk to him. I believe that it was God who led me to him. It was after a meeting somehow I was made to attend, and at the end I found myself with pastor at the back of church. I took the chance to talk to him about this issue I was fighting. It was really encouraging. Pastor actually showed me that it is possible to serve God and be succesful at the same time. And he showed me people from our church as good examples. But most importantly He taught me if we were to honour God, God will honor us even in our workplace too.

Anyway, still I haven't really got in tune with Him yet, even after coming back here in cyber. I knew God was calling me back. I was attending like CF and Church meetings, but my personal relationship with Him was on the rocks. Everytime I know God is calling me back to Him. I know...I know it....

I finally made my decision to make a U-Turn and turn back to God 2 sundays ago. It's really an adventure for me. It's like I took a trip 'out', had a look around, though it felt good sometimes, it never really lasted...and..after being exposed...I know and I'm glad I know..that Jesus is the way to live..Nothing will last forever...happiness lasts a few moments...but joy lasts forever...Having Jesus in your heart brings joy. That was the first thing I felt the moment I surrendered everything back to Him. And hope. And now I'm certain, that Jesus is what I'm living for from now onwards. I know when I get out, the riches and glitters of the world will come shining on me again, and I pray that God will keep my concious clear that time, and make sure that I stick with Him.

Some of us might be facing the same thing...Just a lil encouragement..some of us who are far away from Jesus...sometimes we don't need to feel all tingly during an altar call or need any special conference in order for us to come back....if you feel God calling you back...all you need is just take the step forward and say yes, it's time to come back. Then you'll feel the peace in your heart. And you'll start to smile again. And you'll know you made the correct decision. Try it. ;)

For me, it's just good to be 'home' again. :)

Have a nice day.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home