Thoughts Unleashed.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Senior Heroes

When I first came into beta year, there were a handful of final year seniors who influenced my life tremendously...their words...their lifestyle...the time they spent with me..and most importantly their encouragement...it's only 3 that I can really remember...People I admire and look up to..:)

Jason Ding:
Though he's just one person, his influence is huge. A room with him and without him, you can tell the difference. He's the person who taught me all about the local music scene, and opened up my eyes to music so much. He made me believe in my dreams, especially when it comes to bands. I'll always remember him saying that you only just need one person to be a band. He showed me that you don't need to be a steve vai or some super power musician to write good songs and sing well. And the encouragements he gave when I was down...


Jack Ling:
Another senior that encouraged me a lot, and still encouraging me till now. :) In his own way, Jack showed his way of leadership and vision in lotsa things. I remember during that time Jack will always be wearing something on his head, with long hair. Haha. Now also still haven't change. Sometimes it's a hat, sometimes a beanie. Never a cap. One thing I was fascinated was his songs. Really awesome. He taught me a lot too.


Daniel Tan:
Hats off to this quiet, smiling senior. He's involved in like dozens of societies...even SRC...vice prez of CF....dunno what else.....yet scoring in his results...and will have the time to sit with you for a cuppa tea if you have a problem. I was really comforted by his smile always, and his 'how are yous'. Though I didn't really get very close to him, he thought me what a senior's supposed to be to juniors. And his wisdom is awesome. Oh ya. He thought me about humility too. :)

1 Comments:

  • Whoa man, honoured to be on the list man. You're an inspirational person yourself. Seriously, not just saying it. Not many are bold to take up something and step forth even when no one else is doing it. I see the leader in you.. but one thing we all need for sure.. is to be humble enough to develop that leadership qualities to be great in life. I'm also still learning and developing myself. Hope to be working with you more josh. Keep whacking the drums, you're one of the better drummers around at least to me. Don't have to be too fancy, just keep it steady. And always remember to give the glory back to the one who deserves it. Peace

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home