Thoughts Unleashed.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The music I like

Hmmm..was just wondering why I like the music I like...and also why I chose drums of all the instruments....kekeke...This is generally...music that I like..lemme see...mainstream ones...yellowcard...blink...red hot chilli peppers...hoobastank...3 doors down...alter bridge....dream theatre( ok only) ....simple plan...foo fighters...switchfoot( only certain songs)..greenday..not so mainstream ones....anberlin..paramore...finch( starting to like a bit)....I guess there's many more I missed out..

The music that I mentioned above...don't really know what genre it is...punk? pop punk? punk rock?

I just like the sound of the guitars....when they go into distortion...the aggresiveness and energy they suddenly bring into the song...it brings out the character and mood of the song...pumps you up with adrenaline...the way rifts and solo leads makes your heart beat faster and skip a beat...

I like the sound of the drums...the way it brings life into the song....the way it carries the song on its shoulders and the way it enhances and magnifies the message of the song....it amazes me how every instrument is dependent on the drums....the foundation of every band and every song....every musician knows the heavy responsiblities of the drums...as if, if the drums is doing well, 50% of the song is already completed....

I like the sound of the bass guitar...the way it knits and ties all the musicians together....the way it also connects every element of music together to make it become one....and how it feels up the empty spaces within...I always feel the bass is the invisible hero....some sort like something not so glamorous but contributing a lot...the unsung hero....usually drummers appreciate bassist more than anyone else....would have been a bassist if I haven't taken up drums..:p

I like the sound of the vocal singer...the way it is the soul of the band and the song....the way it breathes life unto the song...and completes the whole masterpiece of a song....the way it brings meaning and humanity into a song...the way it bridges the connection between instruments and humans....and sometimes..the way it can be so powerful to even change the thinking of humans...and maybe the attitude too...just awesome..:)

Know why I like bands so much? Cos I'm fascinated by how different instruments...with so many different roles to play..are able to come together and make music...really satisfying...and even more....every musician has his or her own style..own personality in the music they play...it's even more amazing how everyone can blend their own style together into making one style...maybe it's like rojak....but really sedap rojak..hahahah...i think my example really lousy..blek...

Why I chose drums? I sometimes wonder if the choice of instruments for every musician reflects his or her personality? Dunno. heh. I like drums cos I like the solid, define sound it makes..and its loudness and clearness....and the way it's the foundation of the song or band....where everyone builds on it.....it has to be like a solid rock...if not it'll bring the whole band down together with it....dunno..i think it's my own opinion..heheh....the above reasons are why I like the drums I guess...can't get enough em'.

soree ar..my posts a lot concerning music wan. sighz. I wish I could make money doing stuff concerning music in the future...but to be realistic...dont' really think so...started looking for jobs at job street already...If anyone like see this : Full time drummer needed. Basic salary RM 2,500, not counting OT, with a chance of increase if album does well. Flexible hours. Benefits include health insurance...etc....contact me ok? :D:D haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home