Thoughts Unleashed.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Preparation

Preparation. Recently this word has become more real to me. Important decisions in life need preparation. Without preparation, it's easy to stray unto the wrong paths, and even easier to end up disappointed. Preparation and patience come together I guess. How has this word become relevant to me?

I'll talk about Amplify as an example.

I always wanted to form a band, even since beta. Furthermore with strong influences from our seniors back then, it's really in my blood that I wanted to form this. Me and WL talked abt it, though he was all for it, something held me back. I knew that I couldn't handle if I'd started it. I said no then. It was something I really wanted to do, but I knew that I coudln't take it up, yet.

Yet, unconciously, 4 years, all I did was prepare for it. Yep. Unconciously. I forgot all about the band along the way, buthen I was in preparation I did not know of. It was through church. The training and skills I developed. I am a different drummer from what I was back then. Nobody really understand and know of the 'harsh' training I had to endure. heh. But I stuck through it and endured. It's called preparation. Preparation. Preparation. Not only drums. Every aspect of playing as a band. I was honing my listening skills. My musical arrangement skills.

It came to a level of confidence you're assured of. I knew I was ready. I gathered the people. Amplify was born. The progress of our band is quite frightful. Everything seems to be falling into place. People seem to recognise the potential of our band. When you have people calling you up personally to invite you to perform, it kinda boosts your confidence. :) We're doing good. When you are prepared, everything will fall beautifully.

I've learnt the importance of preparing yourselves. Even for any decisions in your life. Maybe even relationships. Here's a confession. I'm really an amateur when it comes to relationships. I could say almost everyone of my friends has some way or another put a foot into it before. Heh. I have no idea what it feels like or what to do. Sometimes it makes you feel weird. And I ask myself, what's wrong with me. Am I that 'teruk' that nobody's interested in me? hehe.

But you know what. It doesn't matter for me anymore. Cos, I know that I'm in preparation. How? I'm not sure. Unconciously, maybe, as the same case of me and amplify. :P Preparation. When you are prepared, everything will fall beautifully. I don't know when I will be. But I'm not worried. :) I may not have the 'experience', but I will be prepared. Patience and preparation goes together hand in hand. No hurry, no rush. Many a people jump into it without being prepared. And well, it doesn't always end nicely I guess. heh.

When you are prepared, everything will fall beautifully.

I guess this principal is not only for relationships. It can be for almost anything. Careers? heh. That I'm not so sure about it. So I'll just zip my mouth about it for a while. Just some encouragement to any who needs it I guess. Hold your horses. Try checking your horse first wether it can fit another person. :P

ANyWay, Just some announcement. We're performing at 5th April. MMUsic Fest. Still not yet confirmed the venue, though they're trying to get E theatre. My advice, GO SUPPORT EE BBQ NIGHT. There's much more fun. No, really, I'm serious. heh. I would if I didn't get mixed up about the dates at the first place. Go BBQ ok? EE BBQ is more important than this. Support them. ;)


Have a nice day.

4 Comments:

  • ~Beautifully writen~
    Take care alright...=)

    *bearhugz*

    By Blogger jacintha, at 11:41 AM  

  • yeah! nicely written. but that part about horses fitting the other person just doesn't sound pretty right:P

    but, go for EE BBQ OK!!!! it will definitely rock!!! we 'uncool' people would have to be elsewhere....sigh.

    i'm still in that learning phase. everything's really in a new setting now. and each one is a learning experience. quite scary though.

    By Blogger weeliem, at 10:36 AM  

  • Somehow, I know what you mean. :)

    "Yet, unconciously, 4 years, all I did was prepare for it. Yep. Unconciously. ... Preparation. Not only drums. Every aspect of playing as a band. I was honing my listening skills. My musical arrangement skills.
    It came to a level of confidence you're assured of..."

    I feel a bit like that this sem. Just minus all the band stuff. Different field ;) but still similar feelings.
    =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 AM  

  • :)

    By Blogger Affiliate Marketer , at 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home