Thoughts Unleashed.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

More than just a band

We are more than that, more than just a bunch of guys coming together and make music. More than any auditions, gigs, prom nights. In fact, the moments I treasure aren't those times when we are up on stage, but they are those conversations we share during mamak times after practice, those stupid jokes we make during our 'run through' sessions at chee meng's place, and yeah, the jack-assing during our practice sessions, and me getting 'whalloped' for doing it..:p

Yep. The trips to bentleys together...I really enjoyed my time...though it's weird for me...cos usually I'm the only one up at the drums section...where the rest will be looking around at the guitar section...heh...and usually it doesn't matter to them whatever sticks I buy..keke..they all look the same to them..just a piece of wood..no keng chao gadgets like electric guitars....:P....but it doesn't matter lar...used to it already..:p..

There are moments...when we share our live's stories to one another....our hurts...scars....our past....and even our future hopes and dreams....I treasure those...and the encouragement we get from one another....of course there are some occasions where we didn't have a choice but to inhale some erm...smoke...:p...but we're still trying to work on it...erm..i mean him...:p....

Anyway, this jz came into my mind. I guess the best time to measure the depth of a band, is when it faces failures and discouragement. Some bands just take failures as it is, and break up. But if a band comes around each other, and spur each other on after failure, I think you can see that a band, is just not a band...

I don't know what the future holds for Amplify. Of course I have long term plans. Buthen again, we never know what will happen, especially when all of us are in our final semester. Maybe we will continue....maybe we will change...I don't know...but all I know is...since we started...Amplify has taken me on a wild adventure...and brought me to places I never thought I'd be...

Here's to Amplify.



Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket





Image hosting by Photobucket

2 Comments:

  • to amplify :) *cheers* go far.

    By Blogger .:mysh:., at 2:33 PM  

  • Dream out loud guys!
    Reach until you fly!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home