Thoughts Unleashed.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Tribute

I'd like to dedicated this post to David Gary, my music mentor and trainer all these years.
During practice today at actstream I finally had a session of 'correction' by DG. It's been a while since someone comes and give it to me that I'm not playing well. Not being anything here, so far all I get is good comments on my playing. Thanks a bunch. But sometimes I need to someone to come along and say' Hey, today u play suck la. What's up wif you?' hahahah...sounds stupid rite...Dunno....

Some info on joining actstream, to those who are considering joining. :) Humility and willingness to learn is the most important thing. This means you are willing to take in 'not so nice' comments and teaching in order to improve. Does it hurt your ego? haha. of course baybeh. Some of us were like 'kings and queens' in our own church in terms of playing before coming here. Come here? haha. chi kek. You are demoted to nothing. Start from square one. You learn to eat the humble pie. Ask the ppl who are in. :P Not scaring anyone. But you wanna improve? This is how and where you can.

DG taught me lotsa stuff. I can say 40% of my playing is influenced by him. Went through tough times with him last time. But it was well worth it. Did it hurt? heh. of course babybeh. but it was well worth it. I listen to him always. Still do it now. 10 ppl give comments, I will remember his the most.

Today I didn't play well. Maybe I was relaxing too much. I don't know. But check this out. After the prac, everyone went off. DG for no apparent reason, took up his 'old bass' the Yamaha RBX, said' Hey, long time nvr play this bass d.' He tuned up the volume, and started grooving. I had already packed my sticks and was jz ready to ciao, when I looked at him, gave a grin, yanked out my sticks, and started grooving with him. it was...AWESOME!! I couldn't take away my grin all the time. The feeling...this feeling..of grooving with the bassist...I haven't tasted it for sooooo long...no offence, but till now which ever bassist I play with, doesn't compare to this. I was playing wif DG again! AFter so long....I became a different player altogether suddenly...after we finish...DG said' how come jz now you didn't play like that?'....heh...hey..who wouldn't play like the wind if you were grooving and riding the waves wif david gary?

To david gary. the most awesome bassist I have the priviledge to jam with. *thumbs up*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home