Thoughts Unleashed.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Esplanade Gig Singapore ( Part 1)

I'm back. Lotsa stories. Lotsa lessons. To sum up in one word:

.....


Can't sum up. haha. Awesome is an understatement. Everyone's been asking how was it. I'll just let the photo's do the talking. Aight?


I decided to travel light. No snares. No cymbals. Only my cheapo Stagg, and the leftover sticks I'm using now which aren't broken. yet. hehe. Singapore maa..should have canggih manggih stuff rite?



Ok. We didn't stay at Waterloo Hotel. We stayed at Waterloo HoStel. One 'S' a lot different k?
But it was really fun la. 6 guys to a dorm. Like da good ol' dayz.



Traveling with Musos' (musicians) is quite a cool experience. hehe. Half of our 'luggage' consist of guitars, bags for pedals, cymbal bags. Yea. People do stare.






This is the banner at Esplanade. Broke into cold sweat when I saw it. Wah. They advertised d.. Found out Tempered Metal and Lied just played there a week before us.




This is our stage. The equipments, the sound, the amps, the instruments == number one.
Best sound I've ever had in my LIFE. Yes you heard me. You can hear everything crystal clear. Very professional sound engineer. Lurved it.

They gave me my favourite setting!! 2 floor toms . 18" and 20" Yamaha. I dunno what series. ( sorry, VJ, haha.) THey never put label. Zildjan K crashes. Schwweeeet.







This is Aleena. Band leader and main keyboardist. Oh ya. They provided Yamaha S90. Anyway, she's one heck of a keyboardist. clean playing, definite and really expressive in keys. Her band awareness is very good, she knows exactly what everyone is playing. Thumbs up!

Tony. Our rhythm guitarist. He's not just-any-camp-fire-strumming guitarist. hehe. He can play blues, nice rifts and clean, clear strumming when it comes to accoustic. Nice wah's and bluesy foundation in guitar play. *salute* One heck of a joker oso.


Guessed who turned up for the gig? heh. What a surprise. I didn't active my roaming. Had no idea she turned up. Spotted some gal sitting down. Thought to myself, hmm..looks vaguely like Mich. The moment she moved and swinged her hair. BINGO! I knew it! Haha. Thanks for coming all the way~ :) *excuse my erm..sweaty t shirt..was really hot kay...*



Mozad. One of the whackiest guy in the group. He made grooving so easy for me. He da man.


Meet Andrew. (Far right) Lead guitarist. Sessionist for Juwita, Siti Nurhaliza. One in a million.
Guitaring skills is top notch. So is his guitar knowledge. Nothing more to say. Damn keng chao.

Yea. I'm jakun kay. We don't get road signs like this back home.

Food is cheap here. Annnd interesting.


This is the 'mini pot.'


end of part 1. end of first day.

Stay tuned for more . ;)

Ja.

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Enoch, at 11:26 PM  

  • Wahlau ... Yamaha Motif ES8 on top, S90ES on bottom ... dream setup ...

    *collapses in a puddle of drool and dies*

    By Blogger Enoch, at 11:28 PM  

  • hohoho...yea singapore really pampers you like crazy when it comes to music and sound...was chatting wif mozad and sed he can't get that good sound often nowadays..

    By Blogger Affiliate Marketer , at 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home