Thoughts Unleashed.

Monday, June 23, 2008

The root of eViL

I know I shouldn't feel so bad about it, but I felt it a lil' bit yesterday when pastor mentioned..." giving drum lessons..." in front of our record-breaking 500 people.

..even right now blogging about this might get me into trouble..

I know that I shouldn't be too bothered and sensitive about what people say about me, or how people view me, but that doesn't mean that I should be quiet about it, not make my stand and let people think and say all they want.

Yea, I can't attend a lot of meetings. Some people even told me " Don't let money control your life." Some would think me materialistic, always chasing after money. Always finding ways to pocket extra cash. Even willing to sell out church time, or even personal taste of music.


I'm not mad or angry about anyone. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone saying " Why you say like that about me?" So don't get me wrong.

I'm just saying, I'm doing the best I can to survive.

Sometimes when business is low, my drum lesson is the only thing that gives me money to buy food and petrol to travel about. It's difficult for people who have a stable income to understand my situation. Extra gigs here and there allows me some breathing space.

I try my best. To save money for the future. To earn extra so that I can provide for my family in the future. I choose to find ways and put in the effort, instead of sitting down, complain and moan when you want something but you can't afford it.

While I still have the physical capability to push myself, I will still try, cos I don't want to come to a place where I look back and wish that I could have done more.

Christian faith. It's controversial when it comes to this doesn't it? Some may think why work extra, just trust in God and He will provide. Well, I believe in that. But I too believe that's a twist in that. I believe you don't sit at home idling and enjoy yourself, and trust that God drops money from heaven. I believe that always give God the priority, work your hardest, and trust in God and He will provide.

I started my drum lesson with 5 students. In 6 months, God has blessed me with 13 students. More than 100% fold. I'm not a professional drummer, not am I another dave weckl.

But, in all things, whatever I know, whatever I have, whatever I can give, I just give my best.

Ja.

3 Comments:

  • Proud of you. =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 AM  

  • amen. i'm with u!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:54 AM  

  • Don't really know what happened, but I'll say what I'll say from what I interpreted from what you wrote:

    It's funny that people think churching, doing "Christian activities" are the only things that are spiritual.

    Give me a break.

    Even eating your meal can be spiritual. Even working in the "secular" world can be spiritual.

    And you know what, even such thing called evangelism and churching can turn secular.

    The apostle Paul said that "let him who would not work, not eat also."

    Of course, we can justify everything we do, but the most important thing is the intention.

    "Is God your first priority, or the center of your priorities?"

    I'm still pondering on this question, and have yet to decide. Perhaps you can join me in thinking about it.

    And nowadays, too many Christians hiding at the corner of their church buildings, busying themselves with things they thought are spiritual but are actually vain stuff.

    They deceive themselves, running away from their actual calling while at the same time feeling that false sense of spiritual achievements.

    Just in case, I'm not Church-bashing, I am part of the Church. Read it in context.

    If this comment is somewhat out of topic, I apologize.

    Have a good day, drumming, driving, working, and living life with our Lord.

    By Blogger zefiriel, at 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home