Thoughts Unleashed.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I, money.

Many people I know do not have an interest in money.

By saying that, I mean planning out how to use their money they earn from the jobs every month.

A typical scenario will be, money comes in by 24th or 25th, they do their monthly payments, car, bills, petrol, parents, tithe, e.t.c, look at how much leftover. If you're working already 2-3 years, your 'leftovers' should be much better compared to last time. So, they leave it in the same account, and when no money, just pop by the nearest atm machine and cough up the money.

If that month so happen something big comes up, e.t.c something spoils, grand sales, your leftovers will be taken up a huge amount, so the remaining days you're on ration, and as 24th and 25th approaches you look at your atm everyday waiting for your next paycheque to come in.

Sounds familiar?

I can even add. You start to look for a better paying job so that you don't have to face the same problem anymore.

Well let me tell you my friends you're gonna face the same problem. again and again.

Money is such a private and personal thing so much so that no one talks about it openly. Which I feel, it's bad in a way cos if you don't talk about it no one teaches and shares with you how to use your money, and for most of your life you're just running around in circles.

There's a saying " It's not how much you earn, but how much you save" that ensures your financial freedom.

I'd say " It's not how much you earn, but how well you use it" that ensures your financial freedom.

The rich gets richer not because of their fat pay cheques, but because before they had huge salaries they knew how to use their small salaries well first. So when bigger income comes in, it's already a habit and part of their planning to bring them bigger wealth. Thus the parable of the 5 talents comes into place where the guy who knew how to multiply the talents given to him was given more in the end.

I feel sad when I approach people, most of them think that I'm after their money, or I'm just another sales man. It's so so so true. I see many of them telling me they don't have the money to save, and yet they have money to spend. And in KL, it's really really easier to spend than to save.

If your lifestyle is pretty much what I illustrate above I strongly suggest that you take an interest in financial planning. If not for yourself, at least for your family or future family. Marriages and families become torn because parents do not know how to handle money, dragging their children down into crisis together with them. Now, do you think that's fair for your child in the future?

Start reading up. I strongly recommend the magazine" Personal Money". It's only RM 9. Teaches you how to handle your money. Talk to financial planners. Even some insurance agents do know about financial planning.

I encourage you to take up responsibility as an adult. Don't just read this post and forget about it.
Take a look at your financial situation and ask yourself, do you want to improve it?


Ja.

2 Comments:

  • True, i bought personal money before, but most of the stuff there is way out of our leagues, investing in gold,and all sorts of other stuffs.

    Have you guys read rich dad poor dad? start from there

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:33 PM  

  • yea read it la. maybe that issue only on gold. I remember that issue. keep buying la. they really have good financial tips. ;)

    By Blogger Affiliate Marketer , at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home