Thoughts Unleashed.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

the calling...?

'Everybody jump around
In the house of God
Hey, hey jump around
Everybdy jump around
In the house of God
EVERYBODY!'
Everytime I hear this song...my senses just comes alive....I get goosebumps all over...my mind races back to the day when we were jumping up and down...at Baguio, Philippines....rocking with our fellow christian brothers and sisters...rocking with Jesus...I remember the shouts...I remember the excitement....the craziness....to be honest...just before the concert..I was a nervous wreck..had butterflies in my stomach....never in my life...I had been so nervous before playing...even for church, even for battle of the bands...for any event in my 10 years of drumming, I've never felt so nervous...and now I know why..it was cos we, everyone of us were expecting for God to move that night...expectations where high...we could feel it..during prayer, faith was high..we were geared up....and my mind there was only one thought" I'm gonna rock and give my all for Jesus tonight. Everything I have. This is it."

that night we rocked all right. heh. And God didn't disappoint.

gonna share this with everyone. Initially we were supposed to go to Indonesia. But one of the reason we decided against it when we found out that they wanted us to hold a youth concert there. We thought" it's too big for us. We can't do it." We decided to go Philippines. heh. well, what d'ya know. We couldn't 'escape' what God wanted us to do all along. Youth concert came anyway. Couldn't say'no' this time.

When I heard of the news initially, I was all excited for it. Concerts are milestones in my life. All my teenage years, it's funny how God's been exposing me to youth concerts. Funny? yes, I'm from a methodist background. Hymns and no loud clapping in church. But somehow I'managed to attend a few pumpin' jumpin' concerts. Played in 2 myself. :D Yes, they are milestones in my life. Everyone concert and conference, I make new commitments to God. I take a step closer to God. I love it when you can go crazy in the presence of God. I love the concept that if ppl can party for whatever reasons, why not party because we have Jesus? That's why I'm a firm believer of christian concerts. It creates an opening for God to do whatever He wants to do with any individual.

Anyway,when I heard the news, I could visualize it. I imagined looking at the crowd, from my drums, seeing waves of faces bobbing up and down, seeing ppl lifting hands high..praising and worshipping God...well...it wasn't exactly as I imagined it..I was thinking of thousands of ppl..heheh..but...it turned out like this....


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Oh ya, I preached that night.:P


Deep down inside, I always feel that I have a calling into this. Somehow God confirmed it by sending me to Philippines. Now I know in the future, where my ministry lies. I'm not limiting it to just this. But for certain' this is gonna be one of them. Know something cool? I still get goosebumps and an adrenaline rush whenever I hear Christian rock songs. Cos I imagine me up there..dancing on the drums for Jesus...:)

Hmm..internet's getting slower...uploading speed cacated...was gonna upload some stupid pics we took..but nvm den...

Anyway, I'm slowly seeing a light through the tunnel. Starting to see where and what my future's gonna be like, after one week of praying, and deep pondering and questioning.

the calling...it's a call...u know it when it's called towards you...should you heed the call? should you turn towards it? :)


"You sent Your Son
From heaven to earth
You delivered us all
It’s eternally heard
I searched for truth
And all I found was You
My God
I’ll only ever give my all"

2 Comments:

  • heya josh! concerts totally rawked.:) and God took control of the rest. And the best part is, you're rocking on for Jesus. May He continue to use you mightily! Rawk on!

    By Blogger lil-belle, at 1:31 AM  

  • hey josh...
    i cant explain myself right now..
    as i was reading this im totally going back to the past where you guys are here rocking for God with us..
    I have this very strange feeling and i feel God is toching me to Thank you and all of you for being with us...still i won't forget that night... God is moving... i'm crying... can't fight the tears....
    This blog of yours make me feel shiver and wanting to be closer to GOD...I felt God is woth me, sitting here with me as i write this down... Hope you will visit here again... just keep in touch..
    God Bless YOU!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home