Thoughts Unleashed.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Back to Reality

Back home at AS again. Philippines mission trip? Don't think I'll blog much about it. hahah..it's not that nothing happen there. in fact, it's the opposite. too much has happen that I don't even know where to start and where to end...I'll just blog what things of the heart regarding the trip..and things I learned and hope to learn too...

I learned that...
Thanksgiving is the key to everything. We compare and complain too much. If there's a lot of trouble and difficulties, we questioned whether God is at our side. If everything's a smooth ride and everything's falling into place too easily, we start worry whether we are doing it rightly. heh. Just give thanks to God for everything. :)

I learned that...
God doesn't use ppl with skills and technique, or the popular people for His purpose. What He's looking for is a clean and pure heart. And serving heart, and an attitude that avails.

I learned that...
Sensitivity is the key during worship times. Some people are blessed with the gift of being able to discern where God is moving during worship, and flows with Him. Sometimes God just wants us to be still and silent...sometimes it's just time rock and party with Him...when and how? that's the difference between a good worship leader and an annointed worship leader. :)

I learned..
Much about team dynamics. A team functions well when it's hands are it's hands are it's feet are it's feet. Everything goes haywire when it's hands decide to talk, and ears decide to walk. Get what I mean? :)

I experienced..
Worshipping the same God among different people of different nations. Singing the same songs...doing the same crazy jumping....crying together...praying together....

I experienced...
God's favor from the good weather...to the overwhelming response during ministry times....protection...providence....

I saw..
smiles everywhere....even among the people who lived by the dumpsite...

and..

I played with kids. Prayed with them. Puppets, singing, games, ballons...laughter from kids...excitement...joy....doing 'superman' for some of them..:)...


I hope it all these doesn't just ends up as good memories. Wouldn't it be a waste if it's just good memories? I hope and pray all these will be a stepping stone for me...for something else...something bigger God has in store for me...

Back to reality now...sighs...having lotsa soul searching to be done...and lotsa football watching...hehe..

Take care, world.

1 Comments:

  • God bless you for sharing. Even if it did all end up as a collection of wonderful memories for you just think of the seeds you have planted for others. Some of those kids you prayed with will be spiritual leaders one day just because of the time you spent with them. Besides, it's quite obvious you have been changed by all of this, so it will never be a waste.

    By Blogger Corey, at 1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home