Thoughts Unleashed.

Monday, October 30, 2006

@Home

3 months into the job and I've already applied for MC.
5 years in uni and the worst I've ever gotten into was a minor motorbike accident which left me with skinned knees and hands. Oh yea. I still remember what pain meant that time. But let's not talk too much about it right now.
Ain't it interesting that right after I start work I hafta go through surgery? Hmm..God really must have a sense of humour.

For those of you working people, remember the good ol' times when you wake up in the morning with nothing to do and nothing to worry about?
Do you remember the times when it was the semester holidays, and you don't have to wake up rushing for work?
Do you remember the times when everything was carefree, and you lived life by the minute?
Yeap. I'm pretty much living it through again.

'Recuperating' at home. Or so it seems.
Just found out that they actually cut me up a good 3-4 cm.
Wound's healing.
Finally able to sit a lil bit better. But I naturally tend to sleep like a bit 'senget'. It still feels a lil bit uncomfortable, so I wake up in the morning and find my body slanting one side. Thank God it's not long term. Or I'll start to get unproportioned butt cheeks. hah.

Really wanna thank you for those who messaged me. And a bigger thank you for those who called. No offense to the rest, but I guess at times like these you realise who are the ones that really ever cared for you. There are 3 types of people in the world according to 'Joshua's theory'.
Haha. First is the one that can be your 'bestest' friend when you are around them. You gel together. You joke and laugh together as though nothing in the world can separate both of you. But when crisis comes they just vanish. PooF! Magic.
2nd is the one which hardly talks to you. When you're around them, they sometimes don't talk to you so much. You don't talk so often either. But when crisis comes, somehow they are there. And they appear out of nowhere. And they show a wonderful side of them which you've never seen before.
The 3rd is of course the bestest lot. The good combination of the first two. You gel with them well, and during crisis, they are also there for you. Nothing much to say about them. They are the ultimate champion.

Now don't feel offended if you feel that I'm categorizing my friends here. I'm also guilty of falling into category 1 sometimes. But this experience have made me wanna change all that. So, yea, just chill. Just take it as I'm-at-home-with-nothing-better-to-do syndrome. In fact, to cheer everyone up, I'll just reveal some funny things during my surgery. Yea. It's a set up I tell you. Got like bloopers some more.

This conversations actually took place.

scenario 1:
Me being wheeled into the surgery room.

Nurse: So your name is Joshua?
Me: Yes. See, see my tag.
Nurse:Oh yea. Your age is 23?
Me: Huh? What 23? 24 laaaaaaa.... See my tag la...(duhh..numb nurse)
Nurse: Oh yea, sorry, sorry.

scenario 2:
I met the assistant surgeon for the first time. An indian with lively eyes was what came in my mind the first time I saw him. Being wheeled into the operation theatre as this went on.

Surgeon: Hey, nice to meet you. (looks at me peculiarly)
Me: Hello.(meekly)
Surgeon: (squints his eyes a lil) Heeyy...Have we met before? You look reeeal familiar.
Me: (Great. He's gonna cut me open like a pig and he's tryin to be funny.) Erm. Nope. I don't think so.
Surgeon: (still doesn't believe) Hmmm...okay..................Hey, did you just have a kid??
Me: (WTH?!!) WAT? NoooO...You got the wrong person laaaa....( I can't believe it.We were talking as though it was over a cup of coffee for crying out loud!!)
Surgeon: Oh...okok...sorry I got the wrong person..heh.....
Me: ...........

This last scenario is the best of the lot.
Scenario 3:
Me being strapped up and everyone getting ready to 'work'

the SAME surgeon. inserting the needles. doing all the stuff.
Suddenly, he pauses. He looked at me and said this...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Surgeon: 'Hey, you indian or something?'
.
.
.
.
.
Yep. And for no apparent reason, I found myself replying this to him without thinking..

Me: (groggy and apparently fed up) I dunno la....Some people think I have mongolian blood....some people think I foreign....
.
.
.
Surgeon burst out laughing. I think next time up to my deathbed I might even crack up the undertaker or something.
My surgery is just above my butt. Talk about 'cracking' the surgeon up.

I feel a lil depress now.
I think I'll just go cry in my pillow now.

Ja.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home