Thoughts Unleashed.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Stillness..

Tuesday morning. 9.09am.

I've just lost and failed to close another deal. A huge deal actually. This 'potential' customer takes in big bulks like a huge whale. If only....if only we managed to match his pricing, I wouldn't have to worry about my quota every month anymore. A few thousand pieces a month and continous order...Lost...

Lost two big deals in a space of 2 weeks.

And now I'm back to square one.

When I was studying, I always have difficulty scoring and ace-ing my papers. Sometimes I felt that no matter how much effort I put in, I couldn't grasp the concept completely. I had no 'ownership' over my studies. That's why I decided to take up something which I felt I was confident in. Something which I thought I already had it in me, all I had to do was to nurture it. Turns out it doesn't work that way either.

Sighs. Sometimes God uses our strengths to teach us humility and dependence. Usually it's the things that we're not good at that we depend on God the most. And the things we're good at, we just brush God aside and say "God it's ok, I can do it solo."

I'm still waiting for my first big break...

My new colleague jz sold RM 200k this month. He came in the same time with me.

Maybe you'd say I'm expecting too much too soon.
Nah. That's not the case anymore.

Something's wrong somewhere.

It's true for sales we need a 'never say die' attitude. But we'll never go anywhere if we have zeal, but no improvement in skill and technique. It's like dropping into the same hole everytime, climbing up, and not knowing why you dropped into the hole the first place.

Still waiting for so many things..

Patience is a harsh lesson.

sighs.

On a different note, a big thank you to all who came last weekend. You know who you are. It's a joy to share music with you guys. Really appreciate it.


Ja.

1 Comments:

  • Hang in there.
    I think it's really true about the part about having zeal but not having improvement in skills and techniques.
    Without learning from mistakes and improving, the zeal won't get us anywhere.

    I think every successful businessmen had it hard from start. Then they built it slowly till where they are now.

    So, dun be so disheartened. opportunities will come. just keep improving. like u told me before...it's about preparation for the big break.

    in the meantime, u got that cool toy..that i woudl really want to buy if i had the cash:P

    By Blogger weeliem, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home