Thoughts Unleashed.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Square One

Kudos to Mel for such a great job. She even printed the real poster!! MEL KENG!!

The day's coming nearer. We're so not prepared. Trying our best to pull this off nicely. It's our debut. Oh, erm, fyi, Oneted's drummer is me. :P Come if you're free ya. :)

Anyway, just some updates. Shifted into my new place already. It's only like 70% done and already we had quite a few visitors. Really cool. Excited to see the potential of this place being turned into a hangout place. Maybe I should rename the house into some cool name, like Josh's Cave, or House of lurve, The Lepak, or something..heheh...oh oh! Got The Curve already hor, we'll call it The Straight..WAHAha...

..ok ..lame..lame..yes yes..I can see your 'L' shape fingers..

I like my room... to those who have visited already, I've JUST finished clearing up my room ok? so the room you saw before not counted...blek..

My room's got the 'music corner'..my favourite part....there's my cajon there..my accoustic...a bunch of drumsticks..my cymbals..my double pedals..and cm's electric guitar..yup...pretty much my favorite part of the room...

And there's the balcony, which I plan to convert it to a nice 'chill out' place...place some nice deck chairs there...just imagine sitting there...with the cool nice breeze gently caressing your face..dim and warm orange lights to make you feel at home...and just norah jones at the background soothing your restless heart after a whole day's work...coupled with a nice cool beer.. erm I mean drink..it's enough to give you a taste of heaven..hAhah...who wants to join me? :P

Back to topic. I put 'square one' as my title. Yea I guess we're just back to square one. At least for me. At least it's the 'correct' square one. I hope. It's out of obedience actually. I dare say that. To reach out through this way..

Music.

I did ponder upon the power of music. How influential can it be? How can a 3-5 minute song be so powerful? It is just entertainment? It it just to relax? A de-stress? It is any different from dance? A sketch? A movie? A Sermon?

Reaching out through music. Is it an excuse to play music? Will it attract people? Will it, ever have any effect on anyone? Or will it just be 'another song'? Something we just wanna 'syok sendiri?'

I really don't have the answers. It's such an unknown territory. I don't know what I will face. I don't know whether will we phase out. Or will we survive. Or worse still, will we be a laughing stock at the end of the day. But all I know is, the decision to go on is stronger than anything I've ever felt. I've based a few decisions in my life before on this kind of prompting I believe God gave, and really thank God I made the right decisions.

Music is powerful. I watched clips where 5 people on stage playing. And thousands of people come. They travel hundreds of miles, sleep on the outside, pay a fortune just to watch their favourite band play and sing. yes it is powerful. People wouldn't do that 'just for entertainment'.
Songs can drive a person to suicide. So can it save a person. It can change a person's life. How powerful can it get? I haven't witness a 7,000 - 10,000 spectator dance concert or sketch before, maybe there is, I dunno, but for a music concert, it is a common thing.

It's a new beginning. Let's hope this works.

Ja.

4 Comments:

  • Beng! Can't wait to see your new place! Whee!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 PM  

  • heheh..long time nvr hear anyone call me by that already...come lar..it's 'open house' the whole year wan..hehe..

    By Blogger Affiliate Marketer , at 6:08 PM  

  • Let's just call it Beng's Corner:)

    By Blogger weeliem, at 11:33 AM  

  • sounds cool!
    Beng's Corner has a nice ring to it.

    Just wanna say that i think you guys are doing great with the whole music thing.
    Follow your passions man.

    I believe it'a powerful way to reach out to people. i believe dance has the same impact but it touches the heart differently.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home