Thoughts Unleashed.

Monday, June 18, 2007

HoLy SmOkEss!!

LaDies and GentleMan..

presenting to you..
the new album from The Used..





You JUST gotta have this album if you're a fan of emo punk/emo rock/rock/I-don't-care-what-genre-anymore..

Mr Neo introduced to me to the The Used few years back, tho that time I wasn't interested yet cos of the screamo parts. Funny thing is I'm a bigger fan of them than he is now.

oh man..the new album..is SSooo good..every song is just awesome!! the energy and the arrangement of each song is just fantastic. It's almost like My Chemical Romance's (MCR) newest album, but of course not so radio friendly. heh. The feel of 'circusy' is only there for a few songs. Expect power drives and chops from the guitar, crazy energetic drum grooves and rolls, rocking bass chops, and Brett's ( vocals) screaming vocals.

Their old drummer Branden left the band. That's the only sad thing. I liked him a lot. Lots of my drumming is influenced by him. Sighs.

Anyway, if u're a fan of MCR, then I strongly suggest that try out The Used. Tracks like

"Earthquake"
"Hospital"
"Paralyzed"
"Pretty Handsome Akward"
is a must check-out

And you can see them experimenting their music with tracks such as

" "With Me Tonight", "Wake the Dead"..which sounds more jazzy and circusy..

Then of course, usually for lots of screamo bands, their one and only slow song in their album, is like damn 'chun' wan.

Check out " Smother"..

Heck, I almost named the whole album already..

hAHa. Check them out.

Ja.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home